a little more thankful for the family and friends we have at this very moment.
a little more grateful for our time – it doesn’t last forever.
a little happier – life is such a gift.
a lot more like children; author Robert Fulghum wrote a book called All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.
“These are the things I learned:
* Share everything.
* Play fair.
* Don’t hit people.
* Put things back where you found them.
* Clean up your own mess.
* Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
* Say you’re sorry when you hurt somebody.
* Wash your hands before you eat.
* Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
* Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
* Take a nap every afternoon.
* When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
* Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
* Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup – they all die. So do we.
* And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned – the biggest word of all – LOOK.“
|tweetmeme_url = ''; http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js||Sharehttp://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share||http://www.google.com/buzz/api/button.js|
One thought on “Let’s Be…”
Thanks for this! I think we all need to be reminded once in a while… especially on a day like today.