Just a quick thank you to everyone who helped MOJ stay in the running for the Coach Poppy Project. I didn’t make it to first place but I did get to 31 out of 400 (check out the leaderboard). That’s pretty darn spiffy! And it was all thanks to all your support!
Stay tuned for bigger and better things!
Thanks to everyone for participating and waiting (I am 2 days late in posting winners! ahh!). The winners are below, please send me your mailing address for the prizes.
for inspiration]] [[click here
So I admit. I haven’t been to the beach in the US since 2007. I go to the beach whenever I’m on vacay – but realistically, that’s the whole point of the vacay to begin with.
But I can’t hold out on y’all if it’s my own contest right?
[[ click here for inspiration
Contest begins: July 1, 2009 – July 25, 2009 (tomorrow!)
Tomorrow is the last day to join the contest, and Sunday I will be posting up the entries. Remember the two rules for the contest: must be beach inspired, and cannot use black (only for mascara).
Here’s what I concocted for me-yaya-self.
My inspiration? The beach on one eye and the mermaids in the water on the other! My hair was a hot fuzzy mess so I poofed it out even more to look like a furry bubble. 🙂
You got one and a half more days to enter… get going!
Y’all ready for this one?
Take it to the Beach!
Invite summer and warm weather into your life with a beach inspired look.
What to use for inspiration?
Lord knows, sand, mermaids, water, bronze tans, martinis, bikinis, surfing, palm trees, sun, sunsets.
[a must]: you cannot use the color black
(except for mascara)
Prizes and Inspiration Photos to follow.
Now for the rules:
- There must be five pictures – 4 – of the look and – 1 – of the items used. Having an inspirational picture is not mandatory.
- You must post the look on your blog/page. If you do not have a blog, shoot me an e-mail with the links to your photos on photobucket/flickr/etc. I DO NOT accept attachments!!
- E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what the link to your contest entry is. Also- enter a quick note about letting me use your images for when I post all entries. This is b/c I do not want to risk anything w/my computer and will not be opening e-mails with attachments, unless that is what we mutually agree on.
- Entries must be posted before/on July 25, 2009. I don’t want to mess around with time zones, so all I know is this: On Sunday 7/26/09 I will be posting all entries. This gives you over three weeks to prepare, and will leave five (5) days for judging. This contest will be judged by me with consideration to votes.
- There will be 2 winners. For every additional 5 entries after the first ten (10) entries, there will either be an additional runner up or another winner (i.e. 15 people = 3 prizes, 20 people = 4, etc.).
As I have stated previously, I would like to run a contest monthly. If you have suggestions for a new contest, or have feedback for the contest or the rules, you know what to do. My e-mail address is widely available on this here blog. 🙂
So excited to see what y’all think of!
Remember to click on the ‘Contest of the Month’ button above for all related links & info!
Due to a tie of the blogger vote, there are three winners instead of 2.
Congrats to all, and stay tuned for the next contest details!
All the images are linked to their blogs.
Show these ladies support by viewing their blogs or to see what they used!
Ladies send me your address info to MyOwnJudge@gmail.com so you can get your prizes!